I am feeling a bit stuck lately, despite having many ideas unfinished that I could jump into and work on. One of my strategies for unsticking (besides getting off of my lazy butt and making art!) is to find artist sites or other websites that spark curiosity, admiration and inspiration. Here are a mix of old and new for you to explore and enjoy.
- Sistine Chapel – Beautiful interactive view of the Chapel. I’ve been to the real one twice. First time I wasn’t fully aware of it all and a bit tourist inundated. The second time I visited I felt like crying I was so impressed and moved.
- Love Letters – This interactive site is more interesting if you take the time to explore it for yourself. I don’t want to ruin it for you!
- Before I Die I Want to… – A friend of a friend has brought this idea and project into existence. She uses a dying medium (the polaroid) and asks them, what do you want to do before you die? Some of the products are visible here.
- Artist’s Road – Patrick Ross talks about creative process and journey as a writer. Many of his topics overlap and reflect the journey of all kinds of creatives.
- Prolific Living – Blog about creating balance and work doing something you love.
- Miss Minimalist – Journey towards owning less and being less consumer driven. How do things actually enhance your quality of life?
BE COURAGEOUSLY CREATIVE: What resources help you when you are stuck?
Free Art Challenge: Create an Original Artwork in 10 Days
Play with me in the Soulbrush Sessions: ten days of creative prompts that guide you to your unique artist voice.
It's an experience that shows you something deep down you already know: you’ve always been an artist. Unleash your inner artist --> get stARTed today!
(Enjoy this free bonus when you sign up for Artist Strong's weekly newsletter.)